Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFO Hunting
Hi all, 

Need some advice in regards to equipment/devices to get to start filming the sky at night. 
Not exactly flush with cash atm so I’m only using my iPhone & a couple of body cams. 
To date there have been three occasions I've seen something in the skies, the last occasion was last month, which I’ve reported to Mufon. 
The first time was in 98 and was a dull grey star that suddenly went bright then dull grey again, moving slowly over the North Sea. 
The second occasion was around 2002, I was waiting for my mate outside his house in a car. 
Needing a smoke I stepped out and saw what I thought was a satellite moving but then it stopped dead for a few moments before shooting upwards, gaining speed the higher it got until it got so far away I couldn’t see it.
The third occasion as I said was last month, I saw orange red light in sky that faded out, with a second appearing to the left of where the first one was, moving to the right while fading out itself. 
I have no proof whatsoever so I want to get this on film if I can. 
So does anyone have any advice on something I can get on budget so I can film these please??

All the best 

Martin
I've been looking into telescopes. You can put an attachment on them to look thru the lens with the phone and take pics and video of what you are seeing thru the telescope. Amazon has pretty inexpensive ones around 60$ The ones I've been looking at are around $100 range. I'm a total novice with telescopes, just from the basics I've learned, but the ones i've looked at that seem like they will get me started and do the trick are around $100.
Chaos Crone
Chaos is my Solitude...
(01-11-2022, 02:34 PM)ChaosCrone Wrote: I've been looking into telescopes. You can put an attachment on them to look thru the lens with the phone and take pics and video of what you are seeing thru the telescope. Amazon has pretty inexpensive ones around 60$ The ones I've been looking at are around $100 range. I'm a total novice with telescopes, just from the basics I've learned, but the ones i've looked at that seem like they will get me started and do the trick are around $100.

Thank you for replying and with the advice, I didn’t think anyone would. 
At least with a reply from someone, I know someone is at least, listening...which is reassuring. 
So again thank you! ??
(01-12-2022, 08:26 PM)EpochKing Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 02:34 PM)ChaosCrone Wrote: I've been looking into telescopes. You can put an attachment on them to look thru the lens with the phone and take pics and video of what you are seeing thru the telescope. Amazon has pretty inexpensive ones around 60$ The ones I've been looking at are around $100 range. I'm a total novice with telescopes, just from the basics I've learned, but the ones i've looked at that seem like they will get me started and do the trick are around $100.

At least with a reply from someone, I know someone is at least, listening...which is reassuring. 
So again thank you! ??
It is a great idea!  I am currently UFO hunting with my Sky-Watcher Heritage Dobsonian Telescope.  You can attach your mobile phone to it, record, take photos and even go live stream on Facebook for example.  Great footage of the Moon, on some particular days, and obviously nights believe it or not.  And, if you are particularly careful and mindful, and use it safely.  It is great for close-ups of the clouds.  especially for those slightly obscure UFOs, that like to hide within a cloud range, and on the peripherals, on the edges of a fluffy cloud.  

I usually have the Dobsonian on standby next to me whilst I am using my camcorder on a tripod, looking for UFOs in the clouds as mentioned.  The good thing about experimenting is that you can always buy them second-hand and if need be?  Adapt what you have got to make it work for you.  

My next investment will be going down the route of a decent Night Vision device.  This will be added to any videos that I make for Youtube and Facebook.  Plus, they would be great for doing a Live Stream too. 

Oh, I had paid £75 for the Dobsonian second-hand, and £60 for the HD Camcorder, also second-hand.  £5 for the tripod second-hand all from the Facebook marketplace.

The Night Vision?  I got to pay full price for that baby!  
TC

for the beleivers!
(01-12-2022, 08:26 PM)EpochKing Wrote:

So again thank you! ??

You're very welcome! I actually found this message board then lost it! LOL It happens, I'm an old lady LOL
Chaos Crone
Chaos is my Solitude...
I'f you have a spare pc and can afford a cctv card i.r security cameras work pretty good. for around the house sky watching. The reason i mentioned infra red a lot of the ufo's cant be seen in normal conditions.
(02-10-2022, 06:26 PM)ShadowSKL Wrote: I'f you have a spare pc and can afford a cctv card i.r security cameras work pretty good. for around the house sky watching. The reason i mentioned infra red a lot of the ufo's cant be seen in normal conditions.

This is a great idea I may try it.
(02-21-2022, 06:25 PM)Stas Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 04:45 PM)jill1000 Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 06:26 PM)ShadowSKL Wrote: I'f you have a spare pc and can afford a cctv card i.r security cameras work pretty good. for around the house sky watching. The reason i mentioned infra red a lot of the ufo's cant be seen in normal conditions.

This is a great idea I may try it.

it's a security camera 
video original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgbheG-_PQ
analiz  video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CArtqTjXTFE

The definition in your videos is grainy, so I am now looking at a monocular with cell phone type of set up with infrared, high def, varying focal distances for my UFO stalking purposes. Unless someone else has a better system with good high def.