Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UFO Stalker Map Improvement Requests / Bug Reports
Hello, I'm trying to go through the list of ufos but there doesn't appear to be a way to open each case in a new tab. It is very tiresome having to search through the list after every single case and remember what you have and haven't looked at.
(05-21-2021, 01:29 PM)Creomortis Wrote: Hello, I'm trying to go through the list of ufos but there doesn't appear to be a way to open each case in a new tab. It is very tiresome having to search through the list after every single case and remember what you have and haven't looked at.

Depending on what browser you use you can right click on the links / sightings and will see the option to open the link in a new tab or new window.
(05-21-2021, 02:34 PM)skitzo Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 01:29 PM)Creomortis Wrote: Hello, I'm trying to go through the list of ufos but there doesn't appear to be a way to open each case in a new tab. It is very tiresome having to search through the list after every single case and remember what you have and haven't looked at.

Depending on what browser you use you can right click on the links / sightings and will see the option to open the link in a new tab or new window.

I can't on chrome, for example:

I go here https://www.ufostalker.com/
Select a case from the list under the map
The case opens in the same window and takes me away from the map view and case list.

I made a video of what happens. With right click there is no open link in new tab. Middle click opens in same tab. Ctrl click opens in same tab.

Ah this is a non issue now as I discovered the gallery option at the top.
(12-31-2020, 05:44 PM)skitzo Wrote: Hi Everyone, if you have any ideas or thoughts on how we can improve the map please drop them in here and we will look at implementing the request. If you find a bug or have an issue please also report it here.

Add filters to the search (by location, date/time, video/pics, key words, etc...)
(05-21-2021, 03:54 PM)Stella1 Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 05:44 PM)skitzo Wrote: Hi Everyone, if you have any ideas or thoughts on how we can improve the map please drop them in here and we will look at implementing the request. If you find a bug or have an issue please also report it here.

Add filters to the search (by location, date/time, video/pics, key words, etc...)

The search at the top right is a smart search you can type in whatever you want and (usually with success) it will find what you are looking for.
One minor adjustment i would suggest is that when you click on a sighting on the map and you open it, when you go back it returns you to that same spot. Instead of having to manually search for that location all over again.

and profile avatar, how can we upload a profile picture? That's all really.

(Long time creeper and new member here.) Smile
(06-26-2021, 04:23 AM)woodedcreepers Wrote: One minor adjustment i would suggest is that when you click on a sighting on the map and you open it, when you go back it returns you to that same spot. Instead of having to manually search for that location all over again.

and profile avatar, how can we upload a profile picture? That's all really.

(Long time creeper and new member here.) Smile

Hi, you can already do that. Look at the top left of the map under the "Enter a Location" input box. You'll see a checkbox that says "Save Map State' if that's clicked it will return you to your last location.
Could we have a filter for the gallery page? I only want to view incidents with video. A list view would be pretty cool too like you have under the map.

Edit, in a addition I've noticed a few of the pictures in the gallery will be from the same event, could you colour the boxes to indicate this?

What about a upvote system for cases?

Need a save position for the gallery aswell
Just had a sighting last night with video where do I submit it?